Losing weight is not an easy task, and many people can find themselves giving up while trying to reach their fitness goals. However, it can even be a more daunting task maintaining your weight loss as well! Nobody wants to put all that weight back on that they worked so hard to take off! So you’re satisfied with the way you look and the journey you took to look so great, but you’re worried about falling through and gaining all of that weight back on! Well keep reading on to find out how you can continue to keep all the weight off!
Studies have shown that between 80 and 95 percent of the dieters regain lost weight, often gaining more than when they started. The real key to maintaining your weight loss is adopting healthy lifestyle habits that are repeated day in and day out. Keeping extra weight off requires effort and commitment, though changes in eating habits, exercise and state of mind. Maintaining your weight loss is a lot easier than gaining more weight and trying to take if all off again! So don’t put yourself through that again and keep your weight off!
What Are Ways To Maintaining Your Weight Loss?
Here are some tips for helping you maintaining your weight loss and keeping yourself happy!
- Stop Restricting Calories.
- You can wreak havoc on your body by consuming extremely low calorie diets. And not just your body in general, your metabolism, leading to chronic fatigue, suppressed immune and thyroid function, and adrenal stress. If you are someone who eats less and exercises more in order to lose weight, your body responds by increasing your appetite and lowering your resting metabolic rate, making it increasingly difficult to lose weight.
- Acknowledge Progress & Reward Results.
- As time passes your health and fitness continue to improve, it’s important to acknowledge your progress and continue to reward the results you show. Make sure to set weekly and monthly goals, reward yourself when you hit your targets. Maintaining your weight loss can be done through establishing a routine of healthy habits that become part of your new lifestyle.
- Stop Wasting Money On Crutches.
- Don’t waste your time trying to find the money to pay for those protein shakes, pressed juices or whatever you used to get you through your weight loss journey. These are what we consider to be “crutches” and are stopping you from taking control of your diet and sustaining a healthy weight. Analyze your schedule throughout the week, and set a schedule for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Stop Sacrificing Your Sleep.
- Your body cannot maintain a regular appetite and eating schedule if you don’t get enough sleep every night. Your hormones become imbalanced, stimulating your hunger and decreasing the production of Leptin, which suppresses your appetite. Studies have shown that you may be as much as 30% more likely to be obese than those who sleep nine hours or more, if you regularly sleep less than seven hours a night.
- Stay Active and Accountable.
- You need to stay active and accountable for continuing to live a healthy lifestyle. You’ve now reached your fitness goals, but it doesn’t end there. Don’t go back to your old habits, make sure to share your success story and tips through a support group or online forum, and find new motivation in inspiring others.