You’ve finally made the decision to want to lose weight and that’s great! Now it’s time for you to set some weight loss goals for yourself. By doing so you’ll be able to achieve your results in a timely manner and be able to keep track of how much you really want to lose! Many times people skip out on the fitness goals and just jump straight into working out. Thinking about it, there is nothing wrong with that, but you’re not really getting the full benefit of losing weight if you’re not able to track the goals you set for yourself!
Losing weight can be a roller coaster ride. At first, you’ll be really into losing the weight and the pounds will come right off! However, there will be a point in your journey through losing weight that will have you at a standstill and you’ll be wondering, “what the heck is going on?”. At this point, you’ll also begin to feel discouraged which could ultimately result in you quitting working out all together. By being able to set weight loss goals for yourself around these sort of situations, you’ll be able to overcome these obstacles because you decided to plan ahead of time! Keep on reading below to find out some great tips to setting these goals!
Tips For Setting Weight Loss Goals:
So there could be many reasons why you’ve put on the weight and why you’re ready to get all of it! The reasons could be endless, such as you just had a baby, or you just graduated from college or getting over a break up! By being able to set resolutions for yourself, you’ll easily be able to lose the weight and overall feel more comfortable in your body! Below are a list of tips for helping you complete your weight loss goals:
- Don’t lose sight of your goals! Learn how to make S.M.A.R.T. fitness goals. Make your resolution attainable! SMART stands for specific, measurable, accountable, realistic and timeframe. By following the SMART system you’ll be able to set yourself realistic goals and easily learning to attain those goals.
- Setting specific goals. By saying you just want to “lose weight” is too vague of a goal and you can lose sight of the dreams that you want to reach. You don’t want to find yourself feeling lethargic, unmotivated, and really unhappy; so make sure you are setting your goals to be specific. A great example would be, you want to lose 5 pounds by a certain date. By doing so, you’re really motivating yourself to move towards that first goal of yours.
- Make sure your goals are measurable. This can either mean in losing pounds or shrinking your waist line or how many clothes you want to fit you. Make sure to continuously track your goals for each workout. You won’t expect big changes in the beginning but that should only be motivation for you to want to continue on losing that weight.
- Be accountable. If you’re someone who can’t put up with the old age paper and pen food journal, where you calculate it all on paper then you should consider an online food journal. There are so many out there that are there to help you reach your ultimate fitness goals.
- Setting realistic goals. Don’t make your goals too difficult for yourself and to the point where they just aren’t attainable! It’s better to think of goals that are challenging but not overwhelming. In the end, this will only discourage you from reaching those weight loss goals.
- Setting a timeframe. The great part about setting a time limit is that you’re really punishing yourself to lose the weight. If you don’t set yourself one, you could once again be losing sight in the goals you want to set for yourself!
It’s also important to note that you should be keeping track of the foods you eat. Make sure to follow meal plans that will help you reach your fitness goals as well.